Dr. Catherine Hagan’s Bio and Credentials
Catherine E. Hagan, MD, is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a graduate of the University of Louisville School of Medicine. A native Floridian, she hails from Ocala and attended the University of Florida for her undergraduate studies. She has been performing laser corneal refractive surgery since 2006 and has performed more than 15,000 procedures with the United States Navy.
She served as an Undersea & Dive Medical Officer for the US Navy and has a special interest in the hyperbaric treatment of eye conditions and frequently lectures on the topic. During her time serving as a Chief Medical Officer, she underwent training and gained extensive experience with the subject of elevating the safety and quality of healthcare. Melding this experience with her expertise in laser corneal refractive surgery has fueled her passion for delivering the safe, high quality, patient-centered care.
As an avid scuba diver, and sailing, triathlon, and horseback riding enthusiast, she has always greatly appreciated a life independent of prescription glasses and contact lenses.
Dr. Hagan’s Education
- University of Louisville, School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, California, Transitional Internship
- Naval Undersea & Dive Medical Officer training, Panama City, Florida
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, California, Ophthalmology Residency
- Barry University, Master of Science, Miami, Florida
- University of Florida, BS Zoology, Gainesville, Florida
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society
- American Academy of Physician Leadership