Dr. Jon Ellis’s Bio and Credentials
Jon Ellis, M.D., FAAO is a graduate of the University of South Alabama College of Medicine and has been performing laser refractive surgery since 2008 and has performed more than 7,000 procedures with the United States Air Force. He has led laser centers at both Keesler Air Force Base and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. While under his leadership, the Keesler Air Force base laser center rose to be the second most productive and cost-efficient laser center in the USAF. He was integral in the implementation of key enhancements which increased the refractive surgery success rates at both Keesler and Landstuhl which resulted in a 96% success rate of 20/20 uncorrected vision. In additional to being an expert LASIK and refractive surgeon, he is certified in ICL (Intraocular Lens Implant) surgery.
“My happiest days with the Air Force are when I get to treat our service men and women to help them see better and execute their missions better with refractive surgery. I’m so excited to have the opportunity to share that same experience with the rest of our local community!” ~ Dr. Jon Ellis
Dr. Ellis’s Education
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine, MD
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, Transitional Internship
- San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, Ophthalmology Residency
- Mississippi State University, B.S.
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- Society of Military Ophthalmologists – President
- Physician of the Year for the U.S. Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, 2019
- USAF Meritorious Service Medal recipient
- Army Commendation Medal recipient
- American Academy of Ophthalmology – Fellow since 2011
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons