Dr. Michael F. Pingree’s Bio and Credentials
Dr. Michael Pingree received his undergraduate degree from the University of Utah, majoring in Spanish. He then completed medical school at the University of Utah and subsequently finished his Ophthalmology residency at the University of Wisconsin. Dr. Pingree specializes in cataract surgery and LASIK eye surgery. He practices family eye care and provides ocular disease management including glaucoma and macular degeneration. He has served as an Adjunct Assistant Professor for the John A. Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah and the VA Medical Center. He is a member of the Vision Committee for Latter Day Saint Charities, with which group, he has traveled to many countries on Humanitarian visits such as Ethiopia, Peru and Panama among others.
Dr. Pingree enjoys playing basketball, skiing and mountain biking and spending time with his wife, six children and one grandson.
Dr. Pingree’s Education
- University of Utah , B.A., Spanish
- University of Utah, M.D.
- University of Utah Hospitals/Clinics, Internal medicine/ophthalmology Internship
- University of Wisconsin Hospitals/Clinics, Ophthalmology Residency
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board-Certified
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive