Dr. Paul Houghtaling’s Bio and Credentials
Dr. Houghtaling has been performing laser corneal refractive surgery since 2013. He served as Chief of the Refractive Surgery Division and Chief of the Cornea Service at Walter Reed Hospital, which performs LASIK on military patients, including US Naval Academy midshipmen, Special Forces, and Aviators. Dr. Houghtaling has published research articles on refractive surgery and has spoken at international refractive surgery meetings.
He completed a fellowship in Cornea and Refractive surgery at The Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute. He is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) and serves on institutional boards overseeing ocular research protocols. He has been involved in Global Ophthalmic mission trips and served overseas as an Army Ophthalmologist.
Dr. Houghtaling’s goal is to provide an exceptional level of care to the patients of LasikPlus.
Dr. Houghtaling’s Education
- University of Texas Medical Branch, M.D. with Honors
- Madigan Army Medical Center, Internship & Residency
- The Wilmer Eye Institute- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Fellowship- Cornea and Refractive Surgery
- Texas A&M, B.A., Biology, Magna Cum Laude
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology