Dr. Ronald Allen’s Bio and Credentials
Ronald Allen, M.D. is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Allen has been practicing in the field of ophthalmology since 1984 and joined LasikPlus in 2007. In total, Dr. Allen has performed over 66,000 laser vision corrections and was actually the first surgeon to perform laser vision surgery in the Racine / Kenosha area and one of the first four surgeons to perform laser vision surgery in Milwaukee.
Dr. Allen helped conduct the clinical trials that garnered FDA-approval for LASIK laser vision correction and has an extensive background in cataract surgery as well.
He enjoys setting patients at ease during their treatment and believes that simply explaining everything the patient will experience — and talking them through the procedure itself — reduces any anxiety.
A lifelong Wisconsin resident and Packer fanatic, Dr. Allen enjoys spending time with his wife Jody, and enjoying the outdoors with his black lab. In his free time, you can find Dr. Allen hiking, fishing, working out, performing martial arts, and traveling.
“We have a passionate commitment to patient care and clinical excellence at every level. We have amazing clinical experience, custom technology, great, caring staff, and leaders who believe in us and LASIK.” – Ron Allen, M.D.
Dr. Allen’s Education
- University of Wisconsin, M.D.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Internship
- Medical College of Wisconsin Eye Institute, Residency
- University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, B.S.
Additional Certifications, Affiliations, & Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- Racine County Medical Society
- Wisconsin Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Fellow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery